Should I Hire A Lead Developer Or A Software Project Manager?
What Factors Determine Who You Should Hire?Whether you hire a lead developer or software project manager depends on various factors impacting your firm. These include:
- The length of the project – the longer it is, the more likely you will require project management guidance
- How often you implement sprints – the more often you push your team to meet regular deadlines, the more likely it is that you will need a software project manager
- How experienced each team member is in programming or managing a team – the more technical expertise they have, the less likely you are to require a lead developer
- The quantity of quality assurance required at the end of the project – the more technical investigations you do, the more likely you are to need a lead developer
- The amount of work you outsource to different firms – the more outsourcing you do, the more necessary a software project manager becomes because of their organizational skills
- The number of developers you have – the smaller the number, the less need there is for a non-technical coordinator